Skip to main content

March, 2021 Update

 Hey this is Pavan, today's date is March 28, 2021 which otherwise would have been bhogi after holi in India. It's almost 3 years away from home. Last year was a disaster in many ways for many people in the form of pandemic. I took Pfizer vaccine yesterday for Covid and so far everything's good apart from diarrhea which I am easily prone to. 

The big change since start of this year is, I am meditating. Though on and off at times but mostly consistent. However meditation also seems like a game, where I feel sometimes happy for being able to attain meditative state and sorry after trying for so long yet wasn't able to attain the meditative state. Whatever may be the result, I seem to like the process. I don't know of the exact reasons why I like but stuck with it even after 3 months says that there is something that i like about it. I will think through it sometime later.

Till Jan 24th, I was playing Dota sometime on and off and gave a gap of more than 2 months when I took meditation little seriously but started playing from a week or so. Something tells me that I have to sort out of my life rather than playing stupid video game, may be that's wiser of me talking to stupid of me yet I can't give up, can I ?. 

On professional front, work is manageable and sometimes i feel like i should push myself to learn more but somehow so far I haven't been able to get that motivation that drives me. Past 3 months have been easy on me but I know for a fact that I own my career and I have to push myself. March 17th or 18th I don't remember, I received my first incentive payout of 125% for my 6 month stint at Walmart and that's a pretty good amount of 12k USD, 9.5k after taxes I guess, apart from 12k of stocks i guess. In the month of Feb, I bought a plot ofcourse with the help of dad, which otherwise on my own would have never possible, costed me somewhere 17.5L but i guess it's worth at least 40L as per dad. H1B got filed once more this year and awaiting for the results. I am thankful for people and life for being kind towards me. So far everything worked out but sometimes I wish I never left home. 

One thing, I wish that changes this year is that I want to be among people again. Pandemic forced pretty much everyone to stick to homes. Although, there are people from work around and them being so kind and helpful, I somehow don't feel that I am close enough. I miss so much from past that i don't even know where to begin. I hope this  year brings that change, I sincerely hope so.

 On personal front, I think dad is putting considerable effort to find a match for me. After an year I guess, I lost all the interest to find someone interesting, I don't feel so interested anymore and kind of feeling like whoever, whatever. Sometimes, one must think about things that they are in control of. I know from within that I am a good person and may be not so good enough to take care of other person but sure I am better than most when it narrows down to intent. Some time, at right time, some one, who is meant to be will be part of life eventually and life continues to evolve. I am kind of person who don't over think or feel for situations in life and that kept me happy irrespective of what's happening but the one thing that I know for sure is, I am sentimental, which might prove costly in future. Let's see.

 Otherwise, everything is good. May be food also need to be included. God, preparing food you like is herculean task. I am sometimes impressed by the discipline of woman and some men about their meal preparation and cleanliness habits. It takes so much of effort and no joke. I have been ordering food despite the pandemic, not that i like ordered food but it takes so much of effort to be disciplined and cook everyday. This is one of the things, which would have been if it were to be in India, plenty of good choices to order from.

That's all for time being, second dose of Covid is on 04/17. Hopefully I will be fine in mean time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Varma

 I don't remember exactly if it was late September or early October's that I first met Varma. He was very cool and seemingly smart person. I was recently hired and got to shadow under a person called Srinivas but I spent pretty much all my time along with Varma learning few things here and there for about 7 months after when I had to change projects. Although we met on multiple occasions at tea discussing about various topics not until 2020 March, when I first spoke with him about the opportunity that I found in Walmart and I needed help.  He was so helpful that I landed up with the Job without any difficulty. He guided me even with Salary negotiations and spoke with manager from his end and talked to me on the other end. He did pretty much all the hard work. It was difficult time for me with my job search then and then I said to Varma that I owe you one. Now I owe him one forever. I moved to the apartment where he used to live as he moved to new home that he bought but ever s...

4th May,2010

Theese 2 days 3rd and 4th our Lab Externals , On 3rd ,CN Lab Exam where I executed the code for shortest path algorithm of DJKSTRA in C and Modelling of sequence and activity diagram for flight reservation and cancellation . Though I executed both the programs , I got to face the problem in the name of talking with one of the friend srinivas and caught by manga madam. The Situation is like I finished my viva answering and got to sit back at computer then Srinivas(usually called as void) enquired the questions that were asked during viva initially I rejected to say as I was frustrated in executing the code but as he pleased me i'm irresistable to say the questions then entered the villain in my part its manga , just came and took away the paper though she said that you just get away from here i will write the programs as executed but I have a bit of doubt as she was a psycho for students I pleased her a lot to forgive but she goes in her own way of rejecting. Finally , I felt let i...
Hmmm Today Our College is organizing National Sports Fest It was a pleasant day for me. Ok let me say you some Facts about the pollution today Do You Know that There are about 500 million cars on the planet and by 2030 it is expected to double to 1 billion cars. For every one of the 6 billion people on earth, nearly four tons of carbon dioxide is spewed into the air annually. Americans consume 22% of the worlds oil, even though they make up just 5% of the world’s population – as a result the past 100 years has seen heat trapping gases increase by 22%. A plastic milk jug takes 1 million years to decompose. A plastic cup can take 50 – 80 years to decompose. In the year AD1 there were about 250million humans on earth. It took 1,650 years for that number to double. Between 1650 and 1930 the human population rose 4 times to 2 billion. By the turn of the century 6 billion on Earth – 3X the population just 70 years earlier. An estimated 14 billion pounds of trash, much of it plastic is ...