Skip to main content

Wait !, What !. Is it September already ?.

 Hey, This is Pavan. Once again, I don't know where I have been lost for so long without a post here. It's September already. Now, let's get to the updates.

It's been just about 3 months that I have joined in Walmart at Bentonville, Arkansas. I don't know how the past few months went by and I am glad to have joined this team. Very friendly one and I can notice a significant difference than that of SAP. To be honest, I didn't feel like I was part of the team when I was at SAP. May be because, I was not seen at the same level compared to that of team and there's this feeling that you are being monitored. Quite a few differences and I am sure it would have brought best of me but may be not the sense of cohesiveness with team. However, I do miss some wonderful people apart from Project environment but isn't it commonality of life. Hmm, what else.

 When it comes to stay, I am staying in a 2 bed 2 bath apartment alone and since I don't own a car it is quite difficult to hang out with friends and to manage groceries for that matter. On the other hand, I am saving on Insurance and Car expenses. Either way, I have to get my DL done but Winter is almost here. Let's see how that goes. One of the consequences of Lock down is that I gained 3 Kgs to my shock. I am trying to burn that through my evening walks now but definitely the gain was because of staying put at home. Something more has to be done about it and I will work on it. What else, I have got a new Desk table now, which can accommodate two monitors. I am waiting for Black Friday to buy one more, which takes my PC expenses to 3200 odd. Lately, I have been watching so much of Nomad Traveling shows and interested in buying a Go Pro. Heart says I want it but a grown up man says, spend money wisely but again I say that I am not buying Sony A7R iii, it's just Go Pro. Lol, I am spending like I am Ambani. Oh, by the way, I am free from my education loan.

 What else, during this lock down I thought of going to New York trip, either to Sowjanya's place or Bhargav's place but again Covid and Flight costs made me rethink my plans. If only I had a car, may be 24 hour drive would have been possible. Things are otherwise fine apart from staying at home 24X7. I wish there is as girl in US for whom I can find reasons to travel.

 That's all for time being, will see you again.

 

Here's a recent recording.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Varma

 I don't remember exactly if it was late September or early October's that I first met Varma. He was very cool and seemingly smart person. I was recently hired and got to shadow under a person called Srinivas but I spent pretty much all my time along with Varma learning few things here and there for about 7 months after when I had to change projects. Although we met on multiple occasions at tea discussing about various topics not until 2020 March, when I first spoke with him about the opportunity that I found in Walmart and I needed help.  He was so helpful that I landed up with the Job without any difficulty. He guided me even with Salary negotiations and spoke with manager from his end and talked to me on the other end. He did pretty much all the hard work. It was difficult time for me with my job search then and then I said to Varma that I owe you one. Now I owe him one forever. I moved to the apartment where he used to live as he moved to new home that he bought but ever s...

4th May,2010

Theese 2 days 3rd and 4th our Lab Externals , On 3rd ,CN Lab Exam where I executed the code for shortest path algorithm of DJKSTRA in C and Modelling of sequence and activity diagram for flight reservation and cancellation . Though I executed both the programs , I got to face the problem in the name of talking with one of the friend srinivas and caught by manga madam. The Situation is like I finished my viva answering and got to sit back at computer then Srinivas(usually called as void) enquired the questions that were asked during viva initially I rejected to say as I was frustrated in executing the code but as he pleased me i'm irresistable to say the questions then entered the villain in my part its manga , just came and took away the paper though she said that you just get away from here i will write the programs as executed but I have a bit of doubt as she was a psycho for students I pleased her a lot to forgive but she goes in her own way of rejecting. Finally , I felt let i...
Hmmm Today Our College is organizing National Sports Fest It was a pleasant day for me. Ok let me say you some Facts about the pollution today Do You Know that There are about 500 million cars on the planet and by 2030 it is expected to double to 1 billion cars. For every one of the 6 billion people on earth, nearly four tons of carbon dioxide is spewed into the air annually. Americans consume 22% of the worlds oil, even though they make up just 5% of the world’s population – as a result the past 100 years has seen heat trapping gases increase by 22%. A plastic milk jug takes 1 million years to decompose. A plastic cup can take 50 – 80 years to decompose. In the year AD1 there were about 250million humans on earth. It took 1,650 years for that number to double. Between 1650 and 1930 the human population rose 4 times to 2 billion. By the turn of the century 6 billion on Earth – 3X the population just 70 years earlier. An estimated 14 billion pounds of trash, much of it plastic is ...