Skip to main content

Adieu 2019

Hey this is Pavan,

Experiences either good or bad define and shape who you are. I had many in 2019. To begin with, leaving Nelson and Cincinnati for Philadelphia, First Job in US, Trips to Poconos, Shenandoah and random outings with friends to Philly downtown, Round One, Barnabys, New Jersey, New York. Not to forget the difficulties of leaving and independent life for an extended period and not to rely emotionally on anyone. This was my 2019.

Many of my goals are still in the budding phase and hope to have an exceptional 2020. I don't foresee significant changes till May this year but I truly wish to realize my potential. 2019 was amazing, I must admit here that I haven't met my 2019 goals.


1) Learn to Swim (Had an Opportunity at Waterview but didn't utilize)
2) Learn Guitar (Have to buy Guitar but didn't commit because I have a history of buying things and not be able to find time to use the equipment)
3) Work Out (Once in a week is the average but I wish it was thrice in a week)

I probably might change Guitar to Keyboard this year and going to add Agile to Personal Life. The goal is simple, I want to be a better version of who I was. I think I know what are my weaknesses and I just have to come up with characteristics that I want to rate and improve. Anyway, this post is going a little too critical than I want to so let me pause here.

2019 was amazing irrespective of me not being to accomplish my goals. I was fortunate enough to make some new friends Jay, Nimish, Pallavi, Aditya, Gaja, Sangam, Kaushal, Kaushik, Rutha, Anshul, Hanlu, Jake. I couldn't have asked for anything better but I also do know the fact that I am going to make some new friends in 2020 and may not be able to keep in touch with 2019 friends as I do now. Personally, I don't like "Change" but it's the only Constant that stays with us. I am writing this note so casually while I am in the office, but I am sure I will reflect on the year that went by and will be filled with emotions.

With that, I want to conclude this post and Wishing for a Happy and Prosperous 2020. See you again in 2020.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Varma

 I don't remember exactly if it was late September or early October's that I first met Varma. He was very cool and seemingly smart person. I was recently hired and got to shadow under a person called Srinivas but I spent pretty much all my time along with Varma learning few things here and there for about 7 months after when I had to change projects. Although we met on multiple occasions at tea discussing about various topics not until 2020 March, when I first spoke with him about the opportunity that I found in Walmart and I needed help.  He was so helpful that I landed up with the Job without any difficulty. He guided me even with Salary negotiations and spoke with manager from his end and talked to me on the other end. He did pretty much all the hard work. It was difficult time for me with my job search then and then I said to Varma that I owe you one. Now I owe him one forever. I moved to the apartment where he used to live as he moved to new home that he bought but ever s...

4th May,2010

Theese 2 days 3rd and 4th our Lab Externals , On 3rd ,CN Lab Exam where I executed the code for shortest path algorithm of DJKSTRA in C and Modelling of sequence and activity diagram for flight reservation and cancellation . Though I executed both the programs , I got to face the problem in the name of talking with one of the friend srinivas and caught by manga madam. The Situation is like I finished my viva answering and got to sit back at computer then Srinivas(usually called as void) enquired the questions that were asked during viva initially I rejected to say as I was frustrated in executing the code but as he pleased me i'm irresistable to say the questions then entered the villain in my part its manga , just came and took away the paper though she said that you just get away from here i will write the programs as executed but I have a bit of doubt as she was a psycho for students I pleased her a lot to forgive but she goes in her own way of rejecting. Finally , I felt let i...
Hmmm Today Our College is organizing National Sports Fest It was a pleasant day for me. Ok let me say you some Facts about the pollution today Do You Know that There are about 500 million cars on the planet and by 2030 it is expected to double to 1 billion cars. For every one of the 6 billion people on earth, nearly four tons of carbon dioxide is spewed into the air annually. Americans consume 22% of the worlds oil, even though they make up just 5% of the world’s population – as a result the past 100 years has seen heat trapping gases increase by 22%. A plastic milk jug takes 1 million years to decompose. A plastic cup can take 50 – 80 years to decompose. In the year AD1 there were about 250million humans on earth. It took 1,650 years for that number to double. Between 1650 and 1930 the human population rose 4 times to 2 billion. By the turn of the century 6 billion on Earth – 3X the population just 70 years earlier. An estimated 14 billion pounds of trash, much of it plastic is ...