Skip to main content

Slipping Days

Today is November 5th, 2019. It's been more than 2 months since my last post. Much happened in these past 2 months. Let me begin with an unpleasant experience, I found a girl on matrimony and felt that she is the one and spoke continuously for about a week and made several plans for the future. I am not going to talk about details here but in those discussions, I felt she is not the person that I am looking for. There are several reasons which in my opinion are well justified but saying that you don't want to continue without hurting is always a difficult task, at least to me. And the way I said No, may not be justifiable but in the end, I did it anyway. I felt sorry for being rude or insensitive and couldn't stop thinking for about a week but again life moved on.

With that aside, things are fine as usual. One good thing that happened is that my roomie got a rented car. Aaargh, not to have a car in US is a pain. Distances are far and nothing is near. I remember how easy it was in Hyderabad to just walk down to the nearest store and buy groceries. Now, shopping is easy, eating food from Indian restaurants is easy and yeah, I don't need to wait for the bus in cold winters.

In terms of trips, there are plans to go to Shenandoah on Veterans day long weekend and I have plans for New York during thanksgiving. I was waiting for Fall colors eagerly but this Fall wasn't as grand as I expected it to be. Last year it was amazing in Cincinnati. People said that Shenandoah has beautiful Fall colors during this team and hoping that the trip gets finalized soon. I am planning on shopping for clothes and winter wear during Thanksgiving break. Speaking of which, I am spending little lavishly than I wish to be for food and coffee. Soon for Trips and Shopping.


Fall Colors in Ridley Creek


What else, apart from that participated in couple of Community service events for the first time in US. Although, I don't feel it as much of a contribution and as always thoughts went on. I feel human resources are expensive here at US and volunteering makes much more sense here than in India. But again, isn't it better to donate money by doing what you are good at as an effective way. My point is that, if you ask CEO of a company do spend 4 hours on a task, definitely task gets done but isn't it better to earn 4 hours as CEO and donate the money so others who are good at doing the task. I understand personal satisfaction but I feel that there is some sort of awareness campaign as well by seeking for volunteers. Anyway, just a thought.

Diwali went by without much of a celebration and days like these make me want to go back. Video called home for long and seen the decorations done at home and I admit, I miss everything about home.  "ikkada thappakunda telugu vaadali. Lakshmi bombs varake thechadata thammudu and chichu buddi lu and boo chakraalu eesari theledhata". Anyway, we went to Akshardham temple that night and had dinner at Sarvanabhavan along with other interns and a couple of seniors.

Temple is carved on limestone and it looks amazing

In front of the Temple in Traditional attire


What else, what else. DayLight saving fell back this week and evenings are gloomy however there is light in the morning. Adi, Nimish tried to get their driving license done but they fell short by 2 days on 6 months required to get the license. Even, I was supposed to go but I didn't collect my original SSN from Nelson yet and expecting to get it during when we meet during Thanks Giving week.

Days are passing without happening much and neither I feel that I have accomplished much this year. Driving, Guitar and Swimming are yet in the same wish list as this year and Dota continues to take time. I don't know how long I can enjoy the way life is now before I get the responsibilities but as usual Present is beautiful.

Signing off,
Pavan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Varma

 I don't remember exactly if it was late September or early October's that I first met Varma. He was very cool and seemingly smart person. I was recently hired and got to shadow under a person called Srinivas but I spent pretty much all my time along with Varma learning few things here and there for about 7 months after when I had to change projects. Although we met on multiple occasions at tea discussing about various topics not until 2020 March, when I first spoke with him about the opportunity that I found in Walmart and I needed help.  He was so helpful that I landed up with the Job without any difficulty. He guided me even with Salary negotiations and spoke with manager from his end and talked to me on the other end. He did pretty much all the hard work. It was difficult time for me with my job search then and then I said to Varma that I owe you one. Now I owe him one forever. I moved to the apartment where he used to live as he moved to new home that he bought but ever s...

4th May,2010

Theese 2 days 3rd and 4th our Lab Externals , On 3rd ,CN Lab Exam where I executed the code for shortest path algorithm of DJKSTRA in C and Modelling of sequence and activity diagram for flight reservation and cancellation . Though I executed both the programs , I got to face the problem in the name of talking with one of the friend srinivas and caught by manga madam. The Situation is like I finished my viva answering and got to sit back at computer then Srinivas(usually called as void) enquired the questions that were asked during viva initially I rejected to say as I was frustrated in executing the code but as he pleased me i'm irresistable to say the questions then entered the villain in my part its manga , just came and took away the paper though she said that you just get away from here i will write the programs as executed but I have a bit of doubt as she was a psycho for students I pleased her a lot to forgive but she goes in her own way of rejecting. Finally , I felt let i...
Hmmm Today Our College is organizing National Sports Fest It was a pleasant day for me. Ok let me say you some Facts about the pollution today Do You Know that There are about 500 million cars on the planet and by 2030 it is expected to double to 1 billion cars. For every one of the 6 billion people on earth, nearly four tons of carbon dioxide is spewed into the air annually. Americans consume 22% of the worlds oil, even though they make up just 5% of the world’s population – as a result the past 100 years has seen heat trapping gases increase by 22%. A plastic milk jug takes 1 million years to decompose. A plastic cup can take 50 – 80 years to decompose. In the year AD1 there were about 250million humans on earth. It took 1,650 years for that number to double. Between 1650 and 1930 the human population rose 4 times to 2 billion. By the turn of the century 6 billion on Earth – 3X the population just 70 years earlier. An estimated 14 billion pounds of trash, much of it plastic is ...