Skip to main content

Hello Philly

Every single time, I begin to type a blog post. It seems so long ago that I have updated the blog. Anayways, it is 2019 and May already. I am happy that I joined SAP. People are very nice. I am excited for all the possibilities in both life and work and things seem to be settling down.

I moved to an apartment called Waterveiw in West Chester area and sharing the apartment with Jay. We came here via an Enterprise SUV which took 12 long hours. Initially, I was hoping for a good drive but nah, there is nothing to see on roads and weather was not that great either. We reached here around midnight of 4th, technically 5th and lived in Kaushal's place for about 4 days. He is a very cool guy and I am thankful for the shelter :).  On the day I reached here on 5th May, Bhargav was around he drove  2 hours to visit me here and we went to Manam Indian Restaurant and ordered Egg Kothu and Hyderabad Chicken Biryani. I am happy to see him here and I wish my B.Tech friends are close by and I own a car. He took me to near by shops assuming that I might buy something but I didn't call him to help me. He paid all the bills, be it hotel and shoprite despite my efforts to not let him. He said he would come again and I will be waiting to repay the favor :).  Jay took care of Electricity, Leasing and Internet connection. We both bought a second hand dresser and got it home using ZipCar, that's an interesting story to remember. We drove with partially closed doors and Jay was afraid of Cops but the place where we got from was nearby and luckily everything turned out good.

This week, Aditya and Pallavi joined us and one of the top leadership member was here and the week was fun. One day, Kaushal made Paav Bhaji and the other day we went out to Firegrill and this weekend we went to Philly down town. Today, the plan is that every one meet at our apartment and Jay cooks Chicken for all of us. Next week it will be a long weekend and the plan is to go to Boston. So far so good but can't run away from daily chores. I am yet to finish my laundry and ironing before end of the day. By the way, yesterday was graduation day for Rofin and Sowjanya. I wish I have gone to one of the life events.

In terms of Work, There are tonnes of material available on internal portals about SAP and I liked it's internal training application Success Map. There are planned UI5 trainings in the first week of June for us and we will be developing few applications for the team. One other good thing is that, I can ping all my Deloitte Contacts, pretty much added all the people I know and spoke :). I am more than eager to prove my talent and earn the reputation that I deserve. It feels a little awkward to be an intern now but I guess this is what I committed by coming here. We get 4.5$ for our mid day meals and pretty much most of the common meals should be around that price tag and I don't need to cook by waking up early in the morning. Having said that, none of the items are something that I enjoy, lol.

The next pending thing is getting a PC and I am looking forward to that and then home set up is almost complete. And that's all that I got for now untill my next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Varma

 I don't remember exactly if it was late September or early October's that I first met Varma. He was very cool and seemingly smart person. I was recently hired and got to shadow under a person called Srinivas but I spent pretty much all my time along with Varma learning few things here and there for about 7 months after when I had to change projects. Although we met on multiple occasions at tea discussing about various topics not until 2020 March, when I first spoke with him about the opportunity that I found in Walmart and I needed help.  He was so helpful that I landed up with the Job without any difficulty. He guided me even with Salary negotiations and spoke with manager from his end and talked to me on the other end. He did pretty much all the hard work. It was difficult time for me with my job search then and then I said to Varma that I owe you one. Now I owe him one forever. I moved to the apartment where he used to live as he moved to new home that he bought but ever s...

4th May,2010

Theese 2 days 3rd and 4th our Lab Externals , On 3rd ,CN Lab Exam where I executed the code for shortest path algorithm of DJKSTRA in C and Modelling of sequence and activity diagram for flight reservation and cancellation . Though I executed both the programs , I got to face the problem in the name of talking with one of the friend srinivas and caught by manga madam. The Situation is like I finished my viva answering and got to sit back at computer then Srinivas(usually called as void) enquired the questions that were asked during viva initially I rejected to say as I was frustrated in executing the code but as he pleased me i'm irresistable to say the questions then entered the villain in my part its manga , just came and took away the paper though she said that you just get away from here i will write the programs as executed but I have a bit of doubt as she was a psycho for students I pleased her a lot to forgive but she goes in her own way of rejecting. Finally , I felt let i...
Hmmm Today Our College is organizing National Sports Fest It was a pleasant day for me. Ok let me say you some Facts about the pollution today Do You Know that There are about 500 million cars on the planet and by 2030 it is expected to double to 1 billion cars. For every one of the 6 billion people on earth, nearly four tons of carbon dioxide is spewed into the air annually. Americans consume 22% of the worlds oil, even though they make up just 5% of the world’s population – as a result the past 100 years has seen heat trapping gases increase by 22%. A plastic milk jug takes 1 million years to decompose. A plastic cup can take 50 – 80 years to decompose. In the year AD1 there were about 250million humans on earth. It took 1,650 years for that number to double. Between 1650 and 1930 the human population rose 4 times to 2 billion. By the turn of the century 6 billion on Earth – 3X the population just 70 years earlier. An estimated 14 billion pounds of trash, much of it plastic is ...